Follow these steps to learn how to add citation sources:
- For this demonstration, we will open the document calledCiteThis.docx.
- The first step when it comes to generating your bibliography is toinsert citations throughout the document.
- Position the mouse pointer either on the left- or right-hand side ofthe text you wish to cite to include it in the bibliography.
- Visit the References tab on theribbon.
- Select the Insert Citations iconfrom the Citations & Bibliographygroup.
- Select Add New Source…
- Edit the source by selecting the Type ofSource you wish to create from the drop-down list provided.
- For this example, we will create two sources at two different pointsin the document:
- Fill in the details of the source, then click on the
OK command when complete.
- The source will be inserted at the position of the mouse pointer andwill look as follows:
- Move to the next position in the document to add the next newsource. Change the Type of Source, ifnecessary, and fill in the details:
That’s it. Now that you have learned how to insert citations, we willbuild a bibliography.