Follow these steps to apply a picture:
- Right-click on the text box or shape to apply a picturebackground.
- From the shortcut menu, choose FormatShape.
- The Format Shapepane will populate to the right of the slide. Select
Picture or Texture Fill.
- Choose Insert Picture from File.Note that you can also insert it from the clipboard or from an onlinelocation.
- Browse to locate a picture on the computer. For this example, wewill insert the picture called IMG_3066.jpg.
- Double-click to select the picture and place it into the text box orshape. Alternatively, single-click the picture and choose
Insert at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Select the relevant options from the pane to make any additionalpicture adjustments to the picture:
- When we insert a shape, a Formattab appears at the top of the PowerPoint environment, just under theDrawing Tools contextual tab, allowingyou to make formatting changes to the shape or text box. Since we haveinserted a picture into the shape, note that you now have a second
Format tab, just to the right of theexisting Format tab, which containsFormat Picture options. This opens upfurther picture customization options, such as Color, Artistic Effects, and Corrections (experiment with these optionsas you wish).