Excel automatically assigns titles to the chart if it finds relevantdata it can use from the selected area. A chart title tells you aboutthe data and makes a chart easier to read:
- We will use the SSGProductChart.xlsx workbook for thisexample.
- Select the chart to add a title.
- From the Design tab, click on theAdd Chart Element icon.
- From the drop-down list provided, choose
Chart Title, and then select where to placethe title on the selected chart—note that the More Title Options… feature is availableat the bottom of the list.
- Type the title text into the chart title placeholder.
- Click on the Axis Titles icon toadd a horizontal or vertical axis title.