Microsoft Word 2019 has a huge range of form templates you can use oredit. To access these templates, click on the
- Open an existing form or create a new form. For this example, wewill open an existing form and examine its contents.
- Let’s open the form called Request for Use ofVacation.docx.
- To fill out this form, simply press Tab on the keyboard tojump from one control to another to fill in the informationrequired.
- You will notice that when navigating, controls are graywhen clicked, indicating that they are content controls.
- To view the properties of the content controls, simply click on therequired control and select the
Properties icon on the Controls group.
- The Properties dialog box willopen, thus allowing you to make changes:
- To delete a content control, right-click the control and click onRemove Content Control.
- To add a control, click into a table cell (tables are the best wayto construct forms as it keeps everything in line and when in a tabularform, navigating is really easy using the Tab key). Let’s usethe cell that contained the content control we just removed.
- Select content control from the
Controls group. For this example, we willuse the Date Picker Content Control.
- Time for a challenge! Let’s see if you are able to replicate thefollowing form using the content controls from the
Controls group and some tableformatting:
- You will use the following content controls – Rich TextContent Control, Plain Text Content Control, Picture Content Control,Check Box Content Control, Combo Box Content Control, Drop Down ListContent Control, and Date Picker Content Control.
- Add the following options for the Combo Box Content Control and theDrop Down List Content Control. For the Pets Agecontent control, simply add your own range of ages:
Now, you know how to insert and enter data into a content control. Inthe next section, we will look at legacy content controls and gettingthe form ready for distribution.