Word 2019 also offers styles, which are a named set of formattingconditions to help you create a consistent-looking document, which isespecially useful for documents with more than one page. Instead ofhaving to apply multiple attributes, such as the color, size, font,spacing, and alignment, separately on each part of your document, Wordoffers predefined collections of attributes that can be quickly appliedto parts of your document.
The existing styles in the Word 2019 environment are located underthe Home tab.
- Select some text in the document and format the text, choosingthe formats of your choice (for example, underline, dark blue color,size 12, and theCourgette fonttype):
- With your selected text still highlighted, click on thedrop-down arrow of the Stylesgroup and select Create aStyle:
- A dialog box will appear asking you to name the style:
- Click on Modify… to access moreoptions relating to the style.
- Click OK to save the style to thegallery:
- The new style is now visible in the
Styles group and you can apply it to otherheadings or text throughout your document.