You will be proficient at performing Quick Steps by creating,editing, deleting, and duplicating Quick Steps after completing thistopic. Quick Steps help you to quickly manage your mailbox by selectingmultiple options to apply to mail messages at once. An example would beif you frequently send emails to certain folders or forward emails to acertain person regularly. You are also able to formulate and customizeyour own Quick Steps for actions that you need to be done quickly. Thereare some default Quick Steps available to get you started:
- Locate the Quick Steps group onthe Home tab.
- There are a number of default Quick Steps, some of which areoutlined here:
- Move to moves a new mail messageto another folder and then marks the message as read.
- To Manager will forward an emailto the manager specified in the dialog box that populates.
- Done moves the message to aspecified folder and marks it as read and complete.
- Reply & Delete opens a replyto the selected message and deletes the original message.
The aforementioned options can be seen in the followingscreenshot:
- Be careful of the Reply &Delete option. It happens so fast you hardly see it and realizeit’s deleted the original!
- To apply a Quick Step, click on the mail message to apply the stepto. The first time you use a Quick Step, it will ask you to enter thedetails. Thereafter, it will not prompt you again until you right-clickand edit the step. Enter the name of the manager you wish to use as theQuick Step. In this case, we will enter the manager’s name as BLZFurkidds. Click on
Save, as illustrated in thefollowing screenshot:
- Once the Quick Step has been edited, you will notice that the itemhas been updated in the Quick Stepsgroup, as illustrated in the following screenshot:
- When you next use the Quick Step, simply click on the
BLZ Furkidds Quick Step to forward theselected email to this manager.