Messages can be managed by creating rules on them automatically,every time an email is received or sent. When creating a rule, it can bebased on your own rules, templates, or from an existing message:
- On the Home tab, locate theMove group, then click on
- Choose Create Rule… or chooseManage Rules & Alerts… to editan existing rule, as illustrated in the following screenshot:
- In the Create Rule dialog box, setthe conditions for the message. For this exercise, we will set up a ruleto send all emails received from SafestSolutions to a folder named SafestSolutions in my inbox. You can click on
Advanced Options… to set further conditions,if required. To create a folder for all the Safest Solutions emails, click on the Select Folder… option at the bottom of thedialog box, and then click on New…to create a new folder called SafestSolutions in the Inbox, as illustrated in the followingscreenshot:
- Click on OK to set up the rule.You will receive a message on the screen, indicating the rule has beencreated. The option to Run this rule now onmessages already in the current folder is also visible on thisinformation box, as illustrated in the following screenshot:
- Click on the Run this rule now onmessages already in this current folder checkbox, and then clickon the OK button to see theresults.
Note: When a rule is applied, all delivery receipts,read receipts, voting responses, and automatic replies are also based onthe criteria upon which the email message is sent and, when received,are acted upon automatically by that applied rule. Tracking is affectedby voting responses and tally responses if moved automatically toanother folder.