A Portable Document Format is a document format that can not be edited. You can not add or delete text from it quickly. It is mainly used when the Creator of a document does not want it to be tampered with.
However, there are times we might need a delete text or pages from a PDF file. To edit a PDF, we have to pay for special software. Oh My God!
But hey! Here is the good news! You can delete text or pages from a PDF without having to pay! Isn’t that amazing? Yes, it is!
This article will discuss different ways you can delete pages from your PDF file free of charge. Read on!
Way 1. Delete Pages from a PDF File using Preview
Preview is a pre-installed app on macOS. It can be used to view images as well as PDFs. It can also be used to edit PDF to some extent. Now, I’ll be putting you through two ways by which you can delete a page or Pages using this app on Mac.
- Right-click on the PDF file
- Go to ‘Open with’ > ‘Preview.’
- This PDF file will be opened with a preview.
- On the PDF slides, use the command button to select the pages you do not need anymore
- After selecting, click ‘Edit’ > ‘Delete’
- The selected pages will be deleted
- Click on ‘File’ at the top, select ‘Export.’
- Edit the file name if you wish to, and save it!
Piece of cake, right?!
- Open the PDF file with Preview
- Once the PDF file is opened, click on ‘View.’
- Under view, make sure the ‘Thumbnail’ box is checked. If it is checked, select ‘Content sheet.’
- The PDF pages will be listed like little boxes.
- Next, click on the page you wish to delete
- Press the ‘Delete’ on the keyboard, and boom! The page is gone!
How to delete PDF texts in Preview without paying: using this simple trick!
Typically, before you can edit a PDF file, you need to pay for the software. However, if you want to delete a few texts from the PDF, here’s how to do it without paying!
- Open the PDF file
- Click on ‘View’ on the menu bar
- Select ‘Show Markup Toolbar’
- The ‘Markup Toolbar’ tabs will be displayed.
- Next, click on the arrow beside the white box on the Markup toolbar
- Select the colour of the Background of the PDF.
- Also, select the shape of the drawing on the Markup toolbar (box preferably)
- A box will appear on the PDF
- Drag and adjust this box on the text(s) you wish you delete
- Continue this for all texts to be deleted!
- Ensure boxes are of the same colour as the PDF background to make the boxes blend in.
- After this, to save your editing, Click on ‘File’ > ‘Export to PDF.’
- Edit the ‘Save as’ box to the name you want to save the new edited PDF and select save!
Although this may not be a perfect way but trust me, this can help.
Way 2. Delete Pages from a PDF File Using PDF Element 6 pro
PDF element 6 pro is a PDF opening app that can run on macOS. It can as well be used to delete pages from PDF. I’ll be showing you how to go about deleting pages from PDF on this App.
- Download and install the app.
- Run it.
- Import your PDF file.
How to import
- Click on ‘ Open file.’
- On the next window, go to the location of the file to be edited
- Click on the file once and click ‘Open.’
- Click on the ‘Page’ tab at the top
- Click on ‘delete.’
- Use the mouse to select pages you wish to delete.
- When you’re done selecting, click on ‘delete’ on the right side.
- The selected pages will be deleted.
- Next, click on ‘File’ and choose to save.
The PDF file will be saved without the delete Pages. As simple as that!
Also, PDF pages can be deleted Using some sites, free of charge! However, I’ll recommend you not to use it for confidential documents because there might be a risk of information leaks. But then, if it contains no secret information, you can go ahead and use them. Below are a few sites where you can delete your PDF and how to go about doing that.
Way 3. Delete Pages from a PDF File Sejda.com
- Visit sejda.com
- On the landing page, some things you can do on this site are listed. But our mission is to delete a page or pages from our PDF file. So, under ‘other’, select ‘delete pages’
- On the next page, click ‘Upload PDF files’
- On the pop-up window, go to the location of the PDF file, click on it and open.
- You can as well drag the file to this page.
- You can also open the file from Dropbox or Google Drive by clicking the arrow beside ‘Upload PDF file’s to expand the options.
After uploading is completed;
- Your file will be listed in grid view.
- Click ‘ delete’ at the base of each page you are deleting
- When you’re done, click ‘Apply changes’
- The page where you can download your new pdf file will be loaded; click download. That’s all!
Another online platform where you can delete pages from PDF is Ilovepdf.com
Follow these few steps to do this.
Way 4. Delete Pages from a PDF File on ilovepdf.com
- Go to com/remove-pages
- On the page loaded, click select ‘PDF file.
- On the window pop-up, go to the location of the PDF file and upload.
- The pages will be listed on this site.
- Click on the pages to be deleted.
- As you’re clicking on them, a red cancel sign ‘X’ will be appearing on them to show that you’ve marked that particular page for deletion.
- After selecting, click ‘remove pages’
- Another page will be loaded where you can download your new PDF file! And you’re done!
Way 5. Delete Pages from a PDF File on smallpdf.com
- Go to smallpdf.com/delete-pages-from-pdf
- On the landing page, click on ‘Choose file.’
- In the following window, look for the location of the PDF file and upload it.
- You can as well drag the file directly to the site.
- Once the PDF file has been opened on the site, select the pages you are not deleting. You can as well do this by inputting the page range in the box at the bottom. For instance, you have a PDF file of 17 pages, and you want to delete pages 4, 12 and 16, you will input 1-3, 5-11, 13-15, 17.
- Click on ‘Split PDF’
- Another page where you can download your PDF will be loaded.
- Click on ‘Download’ to save the new PDF file on your PC. You can also upload it directly to your google drive or Dropbox.
Way 6. Delete Page or pages from PDF on Mac Using Adobe Online
- Go to www.adobe.com/acrobat/online/delete-pdf-pages
- On the landing page, click on ‘select a file
- Wait for the file to upload
- You will be asked to sign in to your Google account, do that, and follow the instruction afterwards.
- After signing in, your pdf files will be displayed in grid view
- Select the pages you want to delete by clicking on them
- After selecting, click ‘save’ at the top
- On the next page, Download your new PDF!
Way 7. Delete Page or pages from PDF on Mac free pdf convert
- Go to freepdfconvert.com/delete-pdf-pages
- Click ‘choose PDF file’
- Select the PDF file you wish to delete in the next window
- Go to the location of the file, click on it and open.
- You can also drag and drop the file in the ‘drop files here area.
- You can also pick the document from Google Drive or Dropbox by clicking the arrow beside ‘choose PDF file’ to list the options.
- Allow the site to upload and display your PDF pages.
- Click on the pages you wish to delete
- You can also enter the page range at the top.
- Once you’re done selecting, click on ‘delete selected.’
- Click ‘apply changes’
- Click download on the next page to save your files.
Way 8. Delete Page or pages from PDF on Mac using pdf2go
- Go to com/sort-delete-pdf
- On the landing page, drag and drop your pdf file or choose from Google Drive or Dropbox by clicking their respective icons.
- Click ‘choose file’ to pick the file from your Mac PC
- Click on the PDF file and open it from your PC
- Allow the page to finish uploading your pdf pages.
- Once the pages have been loaded, click the ‘X’ icon on top of each page you want to delete to mark it for deletion.
- After marking, at the top, click ‘save as’ > ‘save’ to download your document.
- Please select the destination of your new PDF and save it!
Now, I believe you will not have to worry about empty or unwanted pages or texts anymore. Make sure you follow the procedures above anytime you need to delete pages from a PDF file. I hope you have learnt something new. More ‘How to’ articles are coming your way; stay tuned to the page! Thank you!
Originally published at https://recoverit.wondershare.com/photo-tips/delete-pages-from-a-pdf-file.html