Follow these steps to learn how to enter chart data:
- Enter the chart data into the datasheet provided or select the
Edit Data in Microsoft Excel icon from thetop of the datasheet (if you use this option, you will be working inExcel and will have access to all of Excel’s functionality):
- Please note that the ribbon will change to reflect all the charticons and tabs that you can use to formulate the chart.
- The datasheet gives you a very clear example of which part of thedata is category data and which data is called a series, which makesediting or inserting chart data much simpler for the user.
- To add or remove the rows and columns of the chart, simply click anddrag the blue border at the bottom-right-hand corner of the range, asindicated on the datasheet.
- If you prefer to use Excel to enter the data, don’t forget to closeMicrosoft Excel if you have finished entering the relevant data.
- The chart will update in PowerPoint as you continue adding andformatting data.
- If you close the datasheet by mistake and need to revisit it to editor add data, click on the Edit Dataicon, located near the end of the
Design ribbon, to access the Edit Data (PowerPoint) or Edit Data in Excel datasheet options:
- Enter some data into your chart datasheet.