The Find & Select tool isvaluable in order to locate data in a worksheet or workbook. Although itdoes not filter the data for you, it is a very useful tool in order tolocate and replace data throughout the worksheet or workbook. Inaddition to finding and replacing text, you can also find and replacespecific formatting only within a worksheet or workbook. The
When locating data on a worksheet, you are able to search usingwildcard characters. For instance, once a range is highlighted, the useris able to search for all employees with first names that start with theletter B. The criteria to use in theFind what: text area would be
- We will use the SSGProductSort.xlsx workbook for thisexample.
- Click on a cell within the range you wish to search.
- Visit the Editing group on theHome tab, and then select
Find & Select.
- Select the Find… option from thedrop-down list.
- In the Find what: placeholder,enter Smouthy.
- Click on Find All to see all theinstances of the searched word, or FindNext to scroll to the next instance of the wordindividually.
- To replace the word Smouthy withSmoathly, simply click on the
Replace tab and type the word into theplaceholder, as illustrated in the followingscreenshot:
- Click to select Replace All at thebottom of the dialog box.