Comments are useful when collaborating with others online in realtime, or for sharing a presentation with others for comment at a latertime. You can add comments to any part of a presentation. Note thatcomments are not displayed while presenting a slide show.
- Open the presentation to which to add comments—we will work on theComments.pptx presentation as an example.
- Select an object (text, picture, textbox, chart, table, shape, clipart object, SmartArt object, or slide) to insert into thepresentation.
- Comments can be inserted using the
Insert tab, the Review tab, or from the Comment icon on thestatus bar.
- Click to select the Inserttab.
- From the Comments group, selectthe New Comment icon.
- The Comments Pane will open to theright of the application—notice that the comment is inserted ready forinput in the Comments Pane, and theComment icon marker is displayed in the top-left corner of theslide.
- Enter a comment in the comment text area provided in the
Comments Pane, as illustrated in thefollowing screenshot:
- The comment is inserted and awaits a reply. If the presentation iscreated in a shared location, users will be able to reply to commentsand collaborate.
- To receive comments from people outside of your organization, sharethe presentation with others, who would then be able to reply tocomments in real time.