There are numerous methods to insert worksheets in Excel, as outlinednext, but the most efficient way is to click on the New sheet icon atthe bottom of the workbook, located to the right of any existingworksheets in the workbook, as illustrated in the followingscreenshot:
Let’s look at the other methods to insert new worksheets, asfollows:
- Open the SSGProductSales.xlsx workbook.
- On the Home tab, locate the
- Click on the drop-down arrow below the
- Click to select Insert Sheet.
- Depending on which sheet you were working on when you chose theInsert Sheet icon, the new sheet willalways appear before the sheet you were working on. In this case, thesheet inserts before the SSGProductssheet in the workbook, as this was the only sheet in the workbook. Thenew sheet is provided with a name according to the worksheet numbersequence. The last sheet in the workbook was
SSGProducts, which is not understood byExcel as it is a custom worksheet name, so the new sheet is named Sheet1.
- Right-click on a worksheet tab to access the shortcut menu.
- Click on the Insert… shortcut menuitem.
- From the Insert dialog box, chooseWorksheet.
- Click on OK, and the newworksheet is inserted into the workbook.