If you are sharing a copy of an Office file electronically withothers, you might want to review the file for hidden data and/orpersonal information. This information is stored in the file’s
- Open a copy of an original presentation (we will use a presentationas an example for this exercise).
- Click on the File | Info icon toopen the options available.
- From the Inspect Presentationheading, select the Check for Issuesicon.
- From the drop-down list provided, choose
- A dialog box will open, offering options to inspect the documentwith. Select which elements you want to inspect by clicking on thecheckbox to the left of an item:
- Click on Inspect to continue. Adialog box will present you with an indication of where any hidden datais located in the presentation:
- Click on Remove All next to eachinstance found to exclude the metadata from the presentation. Thedocument properties and personal information will no longer be presentin the document.
- Click on Close to return to thedocument and don’t forget to save it.