It is important to note that a presentation is a collection of slidesaround a specific topic, generally delivered to an audience by aspeaker. PowerPoint offers the user various slide views and printedformats (such as overhead slides, speaker notes, audience handouts, oroutlines). The user makes the presentation professional, visuallyattractive, and understandable by adding elements such as specialeffects, sound, animation, and transitional effects to view on thescreen. Slides are the separate pages of the presentation to whichelements such as graphs, tables, shapes, WordArt, SmartArt, clip art,and other objects are added.
We will not cover all the interface skills here as you havebeen through these in the previous chapters, and these are identicalacross Office 2019.
There are a few new enhancements in PowerPoint 2019 that we willaddress practically throughout this part of the book, but we willhighlight the following list as an introduction:
- Morph effect: The
Morphtool helps you create smoothtransitions by moving items around at the same time, and is illustratedin the following screenshot:
- Zoom: This allows the presenter to jump to acertain slide during a presentation with ease. The
Zoomtool is illustrated in the followingscreenshot:
- Text highlighter: This tool allows you toapply highlight colors to text within a presentation to create emphasis,just as in Word 2019! It is illustrated in the followingscreenshot:
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and other graphicproperties: SVG files can have color changes, can bedisassembled and reassembled, and do not lose any quality when the sizeof the image changes. SVG files can also be converted toshapes in PowerPoint 2019, and 3D models can be inserted so thatrotation can be utilized. Image background removal isalso enhanced, as you no longer need to be restricted to highlightingareas to be removed via straight lines.
- 4K resolution for video: You can recordvideo, audio, and inking and export video at 4K resolution, allavailable from the Recording tab, asillustrated in the following screenshot:
- Inking: Highlighter pens are available in allthe Office apps, which can be customized and are portable—this includesthe new Effects option and a segmenteraser when drawing. There is also support for touchscreens when placingobjects on straight lines using the
Ruler. These features can be seen in thefollowing screenshot:
- Digital pen to navigate a slide show:You can advance slides using a Bluetooth pen in PowerPoint2019.
- Charts: There are new charts available, suchas Map and
Funnelcharts, as illustrated in thefollowing screenshot:
These are some of the stunning new features available in thePowerPoint 2019 application.