At some stage, you may need to update a style, such as with adifferent font attribute. There are a few ways to do this. We will coverthe most efficient method here:
- Select the text in the document that already has the style appliedto it.
- Make the formatting changes to the text.
- With the text still selected, right-click on the existing style namein the Styles group.
- Click on Update ReferenceStyle to MatchSelection (ReferenceStyle isthe name that we chose for the style earlier):
- The style is updated to include the changes. The beauty of this toolis that any text that has the old style applied to it in the documentwill update automatically!