An image converter can convert any image file format into another format to make it more useful for each individual. We will go through the list of best PCX to JPG converters of 2011.
Anyone can convert a PCX (Picture exchange file) to JPG format using a free image converter. Before the conversion, you can set the quality of the image for the JGP image as per the requirement of your work. Apart from converting your PCX file to JPEG, these image converters can be used to convert your file to any image format that you need, such as BMP, EPS, GIF, ICO, JPG, PDF, PS, PCX, PNG, TGA, TIFF, and WBMP. This free image conversion software’s flexibility makes them convert images in bulk into the required file format.
Many image converters have additional tools for image editing that can edit your PCX files before they convert to JPG. This provides you more room for editing before conversion. With these image converters, you can resize, crop, rotate, color, effect, watermark, filter, color correction to your image before and after conversion. You can download any software from the list of converters to enjoy free conversion of PVX to JPG. We will go through each software to know about its Pros and Cons that can help you to choose which one works best for you.
Solution 1: Zamzar
This is a useful online image converter that supports almost all image formats and most graphic content formats. It also supports CAD files. You can convert your image file online by uploading the file and pressing on conversion. Once the conversion is done, download it by pressing on the download button, or you can provide your email address, so your file is sent to your email address.
To upload the file, simply click, upload, and choose the file you want to convert or provide the URL of that image for easy conversion. It supports a wide variety of file input file formats such as
Input Formats: PCX, GIF, JPG, PNG, PPM, PSD, RAF, RAW, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, WMF, MDI, PEF, SR2, SVG X3F
Output Formats: PNG, PPM, PSD, RAF, PCX, PNG, RAW, GIF, ICO, JPG, PDF, PS, AI, BMP, EPS
When you use this software, you might notice that even the file conversion time is less, it takes a little more time to provide converted files. So, it’s better to try PC software that can give you converted files much faster than online software. You can visit the Zamzar website to try this online image converter.
- It can convert images in bulk.
- It is an online software to convert images, so no need to install the software.
- It can convert images having a size of even 50Mb.
- It has an easy user interface.
- It can convert images in bulk, but only two images convert in one session of conversion.
- If you convert more than one image, they are downloaded individually, which causes more time in conversion.
Solution 2: PixConverter
This is another image converter that can convert your images fast and efficiently. Though it is stuffed with many features, it is still fast when it comes to image conversion. It supports batch conversion of images. The user has to select files in batch and select the output format. This has the ability to import images in the bundle from the folder to convert them. It has a lot of features such as image rotation, resolution, cropping, and resizing images.
Input Formats: PCX, JPEG, GIF, JPG, BMP, TIF, and PNG
Output Formats: JPG, PCX, BMP, TIF, GIF, and PNG
PixConverter is an advanced converter that can be used to convert the above-mentioned file formats fast. You need to download this software to start conversion. It supports windows 7, windows 8, PixConverter as well as window vista. Other than this, it does not support any operating system. It doesn’t support macOS.
- It provides a full tutorial on how to convert files.
- Let’s resize and rename your image.
- You can change the output quality of your image
- Let’s the user convert images in the bundle
- Only supports window
- The interface is complicated for many users
- Last updated in 2007, so no software updates
Solution 3: BatchPhoto Espresso Converter
This is another online image converter that lets you upload the file and convert it. You don’t have to download the software. This online image conversion software lets you upload, resize, rotate, and crop your image before and after conversion. You can also add special effects, add filters, overly with text, increase or decrease the brightness or sharpness of the image. BatchPhoto Espresso provides you the function to rename your image and choose the output image’s quality plus size.
Input Formats: PCX TIF, JP2, PICT, PNG, BMP, GIF, and BMP
Output Formats: JPG, PICT, JNG, GIF, JP2, JPC, PCX, PDF, TIF, PSD, WBMP, TGA, AVS, MAN, BMP, and others
It can be used on any OS that has a browser with a working internet connection. It supports Windows, Linux, and macOS. This software offers users who want to convert one or more PCX files into JPG format. The user chooses the files or an entire folder to be processed before starting the conversion.
- Supports most common file formats
- It supports the bulk conversion of files.
- Online image converter
- Converted files are in the form of a zip file that is easy to download
- It works on every operating system
- Only support standard file formats.
- Files have to upload and downloaded that takes time
- Only supports 5Mb image conversion
Solution 4: CoolUtils Image Converter
Compared to other image converters, CoolUtils is ideal for anyone who is looking for easy image converting without having to sign up for an account; you simply just access the tool and start downloading your image. As you can use this tool without downloading it, and just by accessing it through the internet, it is safe to say that you can access this tool on any of the operating systems.
Input Formats: PCX, GIF, PNG, JPEG and TIFF.
Output Formats: JPG, GIF, JPEG, ICO, and TIFF.
- The biggest pro of the CoolUtils image converter is that it is online, so there is no need for you to download any application or sign up to gain access.
- CoolUtils allows you to resize and rotate your image, ensuring that it fit your requirements before you covert the image itself. You can resize and rotate the image before converting it.
- Be it any type of image, CoolUtils gives you permission to download any image from the internet right away, so there is no hassle for you.
- CoolUtils only allows you to convert one image simultaneously, which can be an issue if you don’t have much time on your hand.
- CoolUtils also requires you to first upload the image and then download it, leading to the whole process becoming a bit slower.
- Another Con of using CoolUtils is that it does not give an option to show you a preview when you are rotating your image.
- CoolUtils does have a file size limit that will not allow you to convert very large-sized images.
Solution 5: XnConvert
XnConvert gives you a broad range of formats to convert your images into, so you do not need to worry about if your image will be able to be converted or not as XnConvert has over 500 formats that it can convert.
XnConvert allows you to convert images in batches, import folders of images to cover, filter, or resize. Overall, XnConvert offers many options for its users to get the best possible sized images in any sort of format.
Input Formats: PCX, EMF, JPG, GIF, PNG, ICO, RAW.
Output Formats: JPG, EMF, GIF, PCX, PDF, PNG, ICO, RAW.
XnConvert publisher also has a free command line-based image converter called NConvert, which is a bit difficult to use compared to the normal version of XnConvert, so if you are looking just to stick to basic converting and editing, XnConvert is ideal. Overall, XnConvert is a perfect converter to edit several various image formats and sizes.
- Unlike CoolUtils, XnConvert allows you to download more than one image simultaneously, making it easier for you to make the most of your time.
- XnConvert also gives you the option to covert many types of file formats, like JPEG, PNG PCX.
- Converts images on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- XnConvert also gives you a portable option too.
- If you need just some simple converting or editing, XnConvert may be a bit too innovative or complicated to use.
- What makes XnConvert different from CoolUtils is that you must download XnCovert to your system before using it.
Solution 6: Adapter Converter
This software has excellent image converting features and supports the most popular file formats that you might need. To convert images using this software, simply drag and drop the images in bulk into the software and choose the output format, then click convert. Using this software, you can see the size of the image before and after the conversion takes place. It has advanced options to change the name, resolution, directory of saved files, and image quality.
Input Formats: PCX, BMP, GIF, TIFF, and PNG
Output Formats: JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and BMP
This software can be used efficiently, and there is no need to upload your files online. Simple install, paste and convert your files. This software provides you the feature to convert audio and video files as well. This software works on older windows as well, such as win 7.
- Easy and user-friendly interface
- Supports conversion of images in bulk
- Works on both IOS and windows
- No need to upload images. Simply install software and start conversion.
- Converted images are readily available.
- Installation is fast and easy.
- Software needs to be downloaded to start conversion
- It supports fewer file formats
If you are converting all images in bulk, they can only be converted to the same output format, not individually to a different format.
All the above-mentioned software offers the users the solution to convert their PCX files into JPG easily and fast. Each one of these software’s has pros and cons that can help you choose from them quickly. To make this software work, you need to select the image file and convert it. Each software uses a different time and method to convert. If you cannot convert the image using other methods on google, use the software provided above for fast conversion.
Originally published at https://recoverit.wondershare.com/photo-tips/pcx-to-jpg-converter.html