We will now learn how to protect a workbook so that the user isrequired to enter a password to gain access to the file, as follows:
- Openthe YearlyProductSales.xlsx workbook.
File | Info | Protect Workbook to access the drop-downlist.
- Click on Encrypt withPassword.
- Enter a password into the dialog box provided.
OK and then re-enter thepassword.
- A permissions message is displayed under the
Info heading, indicating that a password isrequired to open the document and save the document.
- On opening the document, a password dialog box will appear, askingfor the password before being able to access the file.
- To remove a password from a protected document, click onthe
File | Info | ProtectWorkbook icon. Select the Encrypt with Password optionfrom the drop-down list, then remove the password from the dialog boxand save the workbook, as illustrated in the following screenshot:
Protecting a workbook is also possible via the