You can send handouts created in PowerPoint directly from PowerPointto Word. This is a great feature as it sends the PowerPoint slides andany associated notes into Word automatically and allows you to edit thecontent. It creates a link from PowerPoint to Word and automaticallyupdates the slides in the Word document after making changes in theoriginal linked presentation:
- Go to File
| Export,then choose Create Handoutsfrom the list.
- Click on Create Handouts to createa Word document with the notes and slides from the existingpresentation:
- A dialog box appears with two options—the first to choose apage layout in Microsoft Word for the document from the choicesavailable and the second to paste a link to the slides in to theMicrosoft Word document. This latter option is a must if you want thehandout to update each time the presentation changes or is updated:
- Click on OK to continue and thehandout document opens up in Microsoft Word:
- Save the document to a location on your computer, making sure it isin the same location as the existing presentation in order to update itif the Paste Link option isselected.
- If you have any broken links in your document, the changes will notupdate. You can troubleshoot this by visiting the
Linked Slide Object options byright-clicking on the content in Word 2019, then going to Update Link from the shortcut menu:
- For more options or to set automatic or manual updates, go to theLinked Slide Object option, thenchoose Links:
- In this dialog box, you can choose to break any existing links tothe Word document by clicking on BreakLink, update the source presentation, or change the updateoptions.