There are several reasons why gamers decide to uninstall the League of Legends app in Windows 10. This article will show you some of the major reasons. You will also be taught how to uninstall the app in both Windows and Mac O, using some methods and steps.
Reasons to Uninstall League of Legends
The following are reasons why users have decided to uninstall the League of Legends game in both Windows 10 and Mac:
1. The Presence of Hidden Viruses: This is a major reason why some users have complained of League of Legends and have decided to uninstall it. These hidden viruses infect the app, thereby leading to malfunction. However, you should note that when you download the app from official sources, the risk level is brought to the minimum.
2. To Free up Space: If you need the space on your computer for other more important things, then it only makes sense to delete apps that are not needed.
3. Fixing and/or Reinstalling the Game: Most times when gamers install the League of Legends game, they discover it comes with bugs or they encounter errors in playing the game. This error normally comes from unreliable sources online. A common way players have found to fix this issue is to uninstall and reinstall the game again.
4. Change of Files Location: If you discover that you installed the app in the wrong folder, of course that is a tangible reason to uninstall the app and relocate the files to the right location. At this point, you should note that your tech life will be so much easier if you just copy and paste the game as seen in the folder for “Program Files”.
5. Stopping the Game: There are new games that come up all the time and for gamers, they like to try new games and adventures. Thus, for those who do not enjoy the game, they would want to move on to a new genre or game that they may enjoy.
How to Uninstall League of Legends in Windows 10
For Windows Users:
1. Using the Uninstaller
Follow the steps below to uninstall League of Legends using the uninstaller inbuilt in your computer system:
· Click on “My Computer”. From underneath it, select the folder “Program Files”
· Click to open either the “League of Legends” folder or the “Riot Games” folder. Here, look for the file labeled “Uninstall League of Legends”
· Tap on the uninstaller; this will pop-up the “Setup Wizard”. Select the “Continue” button to forge ahead
· Relax and let the uninstaller complete its work. Now click on “Finish”
2. Using the Control Panel
Using “Control Panel”, follow the steps below to uninstall the League of Legends client on your system:
· Go to your “Taskbar” at the bottom of your desktop screen. Input “control panel” in the search box.
· Launch the “Control Panel” window and select “uninstall/change a program” from the “Programs” tab
· You will see a pop-up of all your installed programs or apps. Choose and right-click “League of Legends”, then click “uninstall”.
· The Setup Wizard will appear; select “Continue”
· When the installer is done, hit “Finish”
3. Cleaning Up Using an Antivirus
When you want to clean up any malware with an antivirus, you need to follow the guidelines mentioned below:
· Follow the path: “My Computer” > “Program Files” and then right-click “League of Legends”
· Decide to “scan with…” and choose the antivirus you have installed on your computer
· After conducting a full scan with the antivirus, ensure you delete any files that have been discovered to be causing harm to your system.
4. Using a Third-Party Uninstaller
You can also decide to uninstall League of Legends with the use of an online third-party uninstaller. With the numerous uninstallers online, one you can trust is the IObit Uninstaller. This tool only requires you to launch it, select one UAC prompt that appears, and go ahead in removing the app you don’t want, which is the League of Legends in this case.
For Mac Users:
Uninstalling League of Legends on Mac is less complex than doing same on Windows OS. Here, you search for the League of Legends app, drag it to your trash bin and that’s it. Check your hard drive and be sure that there are no more league of legends files still lingering in it such as shortcuts, icons, or even screenshots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Uninstalling League of Legends Harmful to My Other Files?
No, it is not. You should note that League of Legends is an independent app, therefore, it is not connected to any files and cannot harm any other file if you uninstall it.
How Long Does it Take to Uninstall League of Legends?
Uninstalling League of Legends does not take more than ten minutes. It can take even as little as two minutes. It all depends on the efficiency of your computer. In summary, uninstalling the app does not take long.
Is there a Chance that any Malware/Virus is Leftover after I Uninstall the Game?
To be sure there is no leftover malware or virus from a League of Legends app you got from a third-party source, you need to scan your system with an antivirus. However, there is no chance of leftover malware if you install the app from the official online source.