The Format Painter icon allowsformats to be copied (not the cell contents, but the formatting appliedto the cell contents) from one cell to another:
- Format a cell in the worksheet using font, size, andattributes.
- Select the formatted cells you wish to copy.
- Click on the Format Painter iconon the Clipboard group of the
Home tab once to copy the format to oneother cell.
To copy the format more than once, double-click on the
Format Painter icon, as illustrated inthe following screenshot:
- You will notice a white plus (+)sign as the mouse pointer with a little paintbrush to the right ofit—this means that the Format Paintericon is active and is waiting for you to select cells to apply theformats.
- Select the cells to apply the format to by clicking on them, or usethe drag method for more than one cell. The formats copy over to the newcells.