The Position group is located underthe Arrange tab of the
- Using the form from the previous example, make sure you are in
- Locate the Control Margins option,located at Arrange |
- Select the table cells by clicking on the table select icon, locatedat the top-left corner of the selected table.
- Select Medium from the drop-downlist provided. The margins around the top and left of the labels anddata cells will adjust accordingly:
- Experiment with the other ControlMargin options.
- Next, we will investigate the ControlPadding option. Control Paddingaffects the amount of space between table cells in Access. Make sure thetable is selected, then go to Arrange| Control Padding. Apply the
Wide setting to the table.
- Lastly, let’s see what the
Anchoring option does to the selected list.Click on the Anchoring icon to accessthe drop-down list of options. Choose StretchDown and Across and note that the table is now positioned to theright of the window. This is particularly useful when you need to add animage or another control to the left. It anchors the table to a certainsection or control on the form and will move when the control or sectionis re-positioned:
- Experiment with the other
You have now learned how to format and work with the