A WebP (.webp) image is a kind of image specially made and compressed for websites. It retains its original quality at a very small size which makes it best for web pages. It was created by Google in 2010. They are more compressed than other image formats like JPEG, PNG and others. WebP images are not supported by most image viewers therefore, it has to be converted before it can be viewed on our various devices.
What is PNG?
Portable Network Graphics (PNG) format is also a compressed image file used for storing images, text and iconic graphics. It can be viewed by many image viewers.
So, have you been looking for a way to convert your WebP images to formats that can be viewed on your devices? Here’s how to go about doing it. We have helped you compiled a list of the best sites and apps that will help you to convert your WebP images to PNG. Read on!
Way 1. Use Convertio to change your WebP format image to PNG
Convertio is an online editor. It has various editing tools and it’s free. It can convert different image formats to WebP
How can I convert my Raw photos to WebP format on this site? Follow these few steps below
- Go to convertio.io/jpg-eps/
- On the landing page
- Click on ‘Choose file’
- Browse the location of the WebP image to be converted
- Click on it and open it.
- You can also drag the image to the site.
- Note: File size limit is 100Mb
- If you’re converting more than one, click ‘add more files’
- Wait while the site completes your request.
- When the uploading and conversion process did, another page will be loaded where you can download your converted images.
- Click ‘download’, select the Destination of your converted image.
- Click save!
You have successfully converted your image from WebP to PNG format. So easy!
Way 2. Convert WebP to PNG on cloud convert
- Go to cloudconvert.com/webp-to-PNG
- Upload your WebP image.
How to upload
- Click ‘select file’
- On the pop-up window, browse the location of your file
- Click on it once and click open
- To open the WebP file from another location (Google Drive, Dropbox, one drive etc), click the arrow beside ‘select file’ to list these locations.
- Once the image has been uploaded, click on convert to begin the uploading and conversion processes
- Wait while it uploads and processes your image
- When the processing is finished, click download, select the Destination of the file and save!
Way 3. Convert WebP to PNG format on Image. online-convert
This is another free site to convert your image from one format to another.
Conversion from WebP format to PNG can be done on the image. online-convert by doing the following.
- Go to image.online-convert.com/convert-to-png
- Click on ‘choose files’
- go to the location of the WebP file you want to convert
- Click on it once and open it.
- You can as well drag the WebP image to the page.
- You can also upload images from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Next, click on ‘start conversion’
- Wait for the site to process your request
- Once the conversion is complete, you will be taken to the page where you can download your converted PNG file.
- You can also download it as a zip file, normal Download or even upload it directly to the cloud.
Way 4. Convert RAW to WebP on iloveimg.com
Iloveimg is another online image converter. It can convert a wide range of image formats. It is free and doesn’t take time. You can also convert more than one image at a time (supports bulk). It can work on both macOS and Windows.
How do I convert my WebP image to PNG format on iloveimg? I’ve helped you list out the few steps to go about doing that, read on!
- Go to iloveimg.com/convert-to-jpg/raw-to-jpg
- Click on ‘select images’ to open the raw photo files from your laptop or desktop
- Or drag and drop the photo on ‘drop image here
- You can also upload photos from Dropbox or Google drive by clicking their icons
- Click ‘add more images’ to convert more images’.
- After uploading
- Click ‘convert to jpg’
- Allow the site to process the conversion
- Click ‘download’ to save your WebP image to your PC
Way 5. Convert WebP to PNG on Zamzar online converter
Zamzar is an online converter. It is straightforward. It is also free and doesn’t waste time.
How do you convert WebP files to PNG format on zamzar.com? I’ll teach you.
- Go to www.zamzar.com
- On the landing page, click on ‘Add files’
- On the next window, go to the location of your RAW photos
- Click on the photo and open it.
- You can also drag the photo from its location to the page.
- Note: Maximum file size is 50MB
- Next, click on ‘Convert to’, select ‘JPG’
- Click ‘Convert now’
- Allow the site to process your request.
- You will be directed to the page where you will be able to download your converted photo file.
- Click download.
- You have successfully converted your WebP photo to PNG!
If you are converting more than one photo, repeat the process above.
Way 6. Convert WebP image to PNG using Xnconvert
XnConvert is an offline app that is available for free download. It is not only fast but also supports bulk convert that is, you can convert multiple images at a go! Cool app, isn’t it?
Now, I’ll be showing you how to convert your WebP image to PNG on this app.
- Download and install Xnconvert
- Run the application
- Import your WebP image files
How to import
- You can drag the image files to the app interface. OR
- Click ‘add files’ at the bottom left corner.
- Go to the location of the image files
- Use the mouse to highlight all images you want to convert
- Click open.
- Click on the ‘output’ tab at the top
- Under format, select ‘ PNG – Portable Network Graphics
- Next, click on ‘convert’ at the bottom
After the conversion is completed, your new PNG images will be saved in the source folder that is the place they imported them from.
Way 7. Convert WebP image to PNG using Format Factory
This is also a free app. Simple and fast, no time-wasting.
Convert your WebP images to PNG format by doing the following.
- Download and install the app
- Open it.
- Import your images
How to import
- Click on pictures in the bottom left corner.
- On the picture tab, on the left pane, click on the image you’re converting to (PNG)
- On the PNG pop-up, click on ‘add files’ at the top right corner
- On the net window, go to the location of the WebP images you want to convert
- Use the mouse to highlight all images to be converted.
- Click ‘Open’
The images will be shown on the PNG pop-up, click ‘OK’ at the top to finish importing.
- Next, Click ‘Start’ at the top to begin the conversion
- You will hear a sound once the conversion is complete.
- Next, right-click on one of the converted images and select ‘open output folder’
You will be taken to the location of your converted images and you’re done!
Way 8. Convert WebP image to PNG on Free convert.com
Free convert is a free site when you can also convert yourself. Images from WebP to PNG. It can convert bulk images at a time (up to 1 GB)
Follow the steps below to convert your WebP files to PNG on free convert.
- Go to https://www.freeconvert.com/webp-to-png
- On the landing page, click on ‘choose files’
- Go to the location of the WebP image you want to convert, click on it once and press ‘open’
- You can also import images from Dropbox or Google Drive by clicking the arrow beside ‘choose files’
- If you’re Converting more than 1 image, click ‘add more files’
- Next, click on ‘convert to PNG’
- Another page will be loaded
- Wait for the site to upload and process your WebP image to PNG
- Once the conversion and processing are done, you’d be allowed to save your new PNG file by clicking ‘download all’. This will save all your converted images.
Way 9. Convert WebP to PNG of Aspose
Aspose is also an online site to convert your WebP images to PNG. It is free and very fast. Follow these procedures to convert your images.
- Go to https://products.aspose.app/imaging/conversion/webp-to-png
- On the page, click on ‘drop or upload your file’
- Go to the destination of the WebP files and open
- Click ‘convert’ to begin the conversion of your images
- Once the process is finished, click ‘download’ to save the converted files to your PC
You can also enter your email in the space provided, the link to download the file when needed later will be sent to the address entered
I know that, by now, you’d have learnt different ways of converting your images from webP to PNG formats without stress. We’re obliged to delivering the best articles on tech kinds of stuff here!
Originally published at https://recoverit.wondershare.com/photo-tips/webp-images-to-png.html